Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Unique Homes

Alright, let us get started writing about stuffs in different topics. I'd like to write first about Houses. This will fall under Architecture. If you were able to visit my page before I edited the labels/tags on top, you'll see that I have made some changes and arranged the tags.

Okay, houses. These are not your ordinary homes. Sure they are cool to look at. Well, even more cool to check what is inside. So why am I writing about houses/homes. I've been addicted with The Sims in Facebook. I'd been busy building my home and rooms. Not to mention, that everyone is inspired to have their own too from seeing elegant homes in pictures. Alright, let's go start now.

 Waldspirale

Forest Spiral – Hundertwasser Building
1. Waldspirale - is a residential building complex located in Darmsdadt, Germany. The building was built in 1990s. It has 105 room apartments, parking garage, kiosk of cafe and bar. It has a playground for children and the residents. Also there is an artificial lake.

The thing I like about this building is its U-shape and the facade which is unique.If you could look closely with the windows, the shapes are different from each other. Which again, I find unique. It has 12 floors in total. I really cant see a straight line or I can't even determine which is the 2nd or third floor. It's kind of funny but I love it still. Thanks to the Austrian artist, 


The Bubble House
Living Room inside the Bubble House
Living Room
Outside The Bubble House
2. The Bubble House - If the Walspirale was designed by an Austrian, this Bubble House is by a Hungarian architect Antti Lovag. I never did imagine this kind of home, ever. This looks like a world from a different planet. Well, where plants can live. It looks pretty weird.

On the other hand, I find it unique for the fact they they were able to set up a structure like this in rocky and stony place. It's not even more than a hundred years old but the French Ministry of Culture declared this as historic monument. The house can be found in Tourettes-sur-Loup, France. And you know what is best to visit this place? ugh.. Just the panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea.

The Cubic Houses
The Cube Houses
Inside the Cube House
Outside the Cube Houses
3. Cubic Houses of Rotterdam -  This cube house is called as Kubuswoningen. This is in Rotterdam, Netherlands and also in Helmond. Thanks to a brilliant architect, Piet Bloom.

I've read that his concept is based of 'living as an urban roof', sufficient space on the ground level. It's actually cube figures stuck together in their edges. A design to represent a village within a city. Do you know that before he was able to successfully create these cube houses, he tried to test it first in three versions? Well, I just knew that from reading in Wikipedia. Majority of the materials used is wood. The design was first set out in 1977 with 55 in designs but only 39 was built. Not bad huh. I could not even think of something like this.

Alright, let's end it in here. Soon we will have more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.